Monday, May 23, 2011

My New Job Rocks

I hope you appreciate the pun.

Today was quite probably the best work day I've ever had.  The morning started with a session by our boss, Johnathon.  Explicating all of the goodness I love... this time it was about how our essence, through language, drives our intentions, which in turn drives our behaviors.  Our behaviors then in turn have an effect on others.  We cannot control the effects they have but we can control our intentions.  So when acting, act with the best intentions, and when listening, pay attention to the intent and not necessarily the behavior.  When negative, we can choose to not be effected by others' actions!

So from 10:30 on, we traveled out to this lovely beauty:



It's called Prophesy Wall.  And we spent the rest of the day climbing it.  I did my first multi-pitch climb, and climbed farther than I have before (about 150 ft).  I must say it was a "beginner climb", but this fact did not detract from its challenge, and neither from how awesome it was.  My instructors/co-workers, BJ and Calvin were super encouraging and oh-so-patient.  

Highlights from the day:  Zack and Bill tackled a monstrous looking climb that left me open-mouthed and wide-eyed, and Amelia climbed a whole pitch blind-folded!  

This is the best 12 hour work day I have EVER had.  Mmmhmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment