Saturday, October 8, 2011

Simple but true

I think I need to find a bigger place
because when you have more than you think,
you need more space.

Although I've felt consistently constrained for a while now, this revelation was just made to me (thanks to recent contemplation and the corroboration of Eddie Vedder).  I've never felt more alive than when I'm alone and somewhere new.  So while I've been sitting motionless in a town all too familiar, I have forgotten what I do have.  Me.  I forget that while I attempt at making friends who are nothing like me, I have a constant and reassuring justification that all is well in my world.  Because I really like who I am, and I have a point of view I wouldn't change for a zillion passing acquaintances. I am happier alone than I am with most other people, and that makes me happy.

But I do need more space.  I need NEW space... open space, raw space.  Somewhere I can be more alone, or maybe meet myself in other landscapes or other people.  Here will do for a while, for a stepping stone, or a crescendo to the more paramount moments of my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment