Monday, October 11, 2010

Two Great Men

This summer, I met a man. He took care of me and others.  He loved to have fun with us, but more than anything he simply loved us. He spent time on us, he spent money on us.  He was happy.  He knew the ugliness in the world.  He knew, but he would just keep smiling.  I got some time to talk to him.  It was late, he had been busy, his stomach was growling, but he was still smiling. 

Today, I met another man.  Outside his office stood roughly fifteen young people.  Half of them needed to see him.  None of them had to get lucky, time was found for all.  Even more called.  The secretaries, unaware of these appointments, booked more for the same times.  He worked around it.  He worked around church, ward council, temple council, and still met with more after a fireside.  He will meet with more tomorrow.

I got my time with him.  I had met him once, but he remembered my face, and remembered my name.  His eyes were tired.  He gave me a hug.  I could tell he was happy.  He made me feel happy. 

Must I mention how blessed I feel to have these great men in my life?  They must be worked to their wits end with a seemingly endless list of things to do.  But nothing is more worth it to them than to sit down and talk with someone like me.  Their wisdom and their love for me and others is truly amazing. 

In my mind, there is a difference between a good man and a great man.  These men are truly great.  I feel like they love me the way Christ loves me.  And I know that is because they always keep Him in their hearts. 

2 comments:

  1. Is Bishop Willmore one of these men? If so, I 1000% agree. He is a great great man. I'm amazed at so many selfless people in this world. It's humbling to see how much other people care for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he is! I still can't really comprehend how bishops do it; it's insane how busy they are and still how much they care. Bishop Willmore IS a really great man.

    ReplyDelete